a quick reminder that the municipally owned properties that our club plays at
will be following the provincial "Proof of Vaccination Guidance."
This will mean providing
at the door (for those applicable):
· Proof of identification (photo ID or for those under 18, a
provincial health card); and,
· Proof of being fully vaccinated.
A full list of exemptions can be found on the Provincial website, however, the following are noted:
- Does not apply to children under the age of 12.
- Does not apply to youth under the age of 18 who are entering the indoor sport and recreation facility for the purpose of participating in an organized sport.
Please also note that unrelated to the provincial guidelines:
- For OMHA players (mixed hockey): players over the age of 12 will be required to show proof of vaccination after Oct 31 2021. BUT NOT CURRENTLY. This is an OMHA guideline to be adhered to by all of Ontario Minor Hockey - above and beyond the government standard.
- For OWHA players (women's hockey): players are not required to have proof of vaccine as long as they are directly participating in hockey.
We understand that is a stressful time, but we would like to remind everyone of our Code of Conduct. We encourage everyone to please be respectful at all times.
Lastly, Provincial, Municipal and Organized Hockey guidelines are changing at all times. This is simply a summary of current regulations and guidelines.